Graduate Programs Admissions Information
The primary qualification for admission is evidence of a strong potential for academic, clinical, and research growth. Such evidence is obtained from official transcripts, letters of recommendation, GRE scores, and a personal statement of academic, research, and vocational interests.
If you have read the specific requirements for communication sciences and disorders, then you may formally apply to the Graduate School.
How to Apply
The process of applying for admission to Penn State's Graduate School requires the following application materials submitted to The Graduate School.
The following should be submitted to the Graduate School:
- If you are ready to proceed to the application but have NOT read the Graduate School requirements, please visit that website at http://www.gradschool.psu.edu/prospective-students/how-to-apply/new-applicants/requirements-for-graduate-admission/.
- If you have read the Graduate School and program requirements and are ready to apply, you may proceed to the application at www.gradschool.psu.edu/index.cfm/apply.
- You will be asked to upload the following documents:
b. Statement of Purpose
c. Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended, both undergraduate and graduate. For those applicants still completing their undergraduate degree, official transcripts must include their Fall semester course work. Notarized copies are not sufficient. (International applicants must submit official or attested university records, with certified translations if the records are not in English.)
- You will be asked to enter the names and contact information for 3 academic references (former professors and/or clinical supervisors). They will be sent information about completing the recommendation form electronically.
- GRE scores (must have been taken within the past 5 years) are submitted electronically to the University.
- TOEFL scores (if applicable) are submitted electronically to the University.
Click on the program of your choice for instructions.